Backlink, also known as an incoming link. It is a link on the web page but pointing to another page. For example, if you write a post about on-page SEO on your own site, you can add a direct link on a related word which is pointed to the sites which have written articles on-page SEO.
Getting more backlinks means your website gaining more popularity. This is a good method to increase the traffic of a website and make it well-known. For search engines, the number of backlinks becomes one of the most important factors for determining the ranking of a website.
Backlinks are important because,
- Basically, the more and better backlinks you have, the greater the possibility you have of improving your ranking with Google.
- Google gives a lot of value to the number of inbound links.
- Sometimes search engine optimizers try to twist or operate the search engine.
- Good in link building is the only genuine way to increase site position in the search engines index.
- The backlinks that have good content and content linked to the theme of your website will give you much better stead than a link from a badly designed website.